AN OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY FOR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AND TPAs
SMALL BUSINESS = BIG OPPORTUNITIES
In today’s competitive world, it’s challenging for small and medium-sized employers to provide the high-quality benefits that employees value most. By partnering with Value Point Associates (VPA), Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) and other investment professionals can tap into this lucrative but under-served market.
Of the 5.75 million employers in the U.S., only about 10% offer 401(k) plans to their employees. The remaining 90% are typically smaller employers who believe these three common misconceptions:
- Small businesses can’t afford a good quality 401(k) plan
- Managing benefits is too time-consuming and costly for a small business
- Small businesses don’t have the knowledge and experience necessary to set up and administer a 401(k) plan
VPA works with businesses of all sizes to provide a full suite of employee benefits, starting with 401(k) plans and including health insurance, group life, dental, vision, workers comp, and more.
“PEPs are all about collecting assets. The fact of the matter is that 99.95% of these PEPs will fail because they do not become large enough to be self-sustaining. People are very wary, especially on the TPA side. It is all about distribution, and unless you have distribution you are just an RIA on your own. You are an office. I do not think you will get the assets to fully support a PEP on your own. And, there is a lot of effort that goes into supporting and servicing them properly. Value Point Associates is a great example of a full-service solution that limits fiduciary liability and is somewhere to go and park Plan assets. Why re-invent the wheel?”
The Rosenbaum Law Firm
YOU CHOOSE. WE DELIVER.
VPA offers services to small, medium, and large businesses. Through our hub and spoke model we bring together large, well-respected, national providers, and connect them with a highly streamlined and automated set of paycheck to retirement check services. All the technology infrastructure runs in the Oracle Cloud, bringing enterprise class technology solutions to our customers and providers.
This is an area of strength for VPA, because our hub and spoke model brings together a team of nationally-recognized providers and offers great benefits. The services and benefits are brought together in one place for sponsors and employers but are diversified amongst a broader group. Our unique model enables us to replace providers if there are issues or if it is beneficial to the customers with minimal disruption to employers. Because we are continually seeking the best solutions for our customers, we review providers in natural cycles. In the end, customers have access to a to a diversified network and haven’t put all their eggs into one basket.
There are two main options:
1) VPA Investor Services: VPA offers the ability to choose a Plan Sponsor, Plan Type, and Registered Investment Advisor(s) (RIA). Plan Sponsors can be anyone eligible to be a Plan Sponsor under ERISA. Plan Types can be individual or pooled (MEP/PEP) 401(k) Plans or directed cash balance plans. The RIA can elect to cover all ERISA fiduciary RIA roles or partner with another RIA to share the responsibilities. VPA provides paycheck to retirement check onboarding, ongoing, annual, and customer service that includes a Web Service Center and Phone Center at no cost to the RIA or the employer after minimums are met.
2) VPA as Plan Sponsor of a closed MEP: The RIA is Apollo Wealth Management. You can refer employers and groups to the VPA member association, and you’ll receive an annual association membership referral fee. Employers you refer will have access to the VPA sponsored plan—in addition to other benefits.
Anyone who is eligible to sponsor a Plan under ERISA regulations. For example, an employer, association, group, RIA, etc.
Value Point Associates does not offer financial advisory services. Apollo Wealth Management, LLC., who is the RIA for the VPA sponsored Plan, is available to partner directly with RIAs seeking to share responsibility with Plan advisory roles.
No, clients become members of the Value Point Associates, LLC employer association and gain access to a menu of benefits. They can select one or many. There is not a minimum requirement. It gives them the opportunity to utilize benefits that suit their immediate needs and grow with us.
To find out more about the high-quality benefits, flexibility and choice VPA offers you and your clients, fill out the contact form below or call us at 1-844-877-6468 today.